Hello yes I am still alive. Just didn’t
have time to get to a computer! So Dublin was fun but Galway is more my scene
and you get more of an Irish feel. Dublin
is more city like and they have mc Donald’s and burger kings everywhere.
So one of
the days we did a hop on hop off bus tour but we only got off at St. Patrick’s Cathedral
and Jameson whisky factory. We toured
the whiskey factory and learned how whisky is made which I don’t really care
about but we got a free drink at the end of the tour! Had a couple of whisky
drinks and I felt funky….hahah that night we went out of the town to a bunch of
places just listening to live music and drinking beers.
The next
day we played Gaelic games like Gaelic football, hurling, hand ball, and
learned how to Irish dance. I was the
worst dancer but it was still fun. I got
really competitive with the Gaelic football and scored some goals, I am now extremely
sore. That night about 10 of us pregamed
in someone’s hostel room, which is very small but we made it work. We then found a bar with a lot of locals
which was fun and met these 2 Germans that both looked like Shawn white?! Shit got
weird; I put the ones hair in my mouth?! Don’t ask me why then the Germans pick
pocked my friend…they suck. After Kevin in my program is Irish and brought me
and Julie to a club and we got into some VIP section and met some people, don’t
remember them now. Turns out we took a
man carriage home?! He biked and a carriage was attached, very fun!
Now I am in
Galway and the city is so great! Our places are very nice and I believe I am
living with 4 to 5 Irish guys. Haven’t met
them yet but from looking around I think guys live here.
Even though
Irish people speak English they kind of don’t. I can’t understand people half
of the time and they have weird ways of saying things. One phrase was “fuck
your coat in the corner” which means…put your coat in the corner…hummm. The word
crack means fun/ news so you hear people say that was some great crack! But it
means fun not crack cocaine. So this
place is rather interesting! I will try to update later on!
Jaclyn
Jac, what's so wrong with McDonald's and Burger King? Geez.
ReplyDelete