Thursday, January 19, 2012

DAY 19


So I’ve been here for almost a month but I feel like I’ve been here for such a long time.  My life is slowly but surely getting back together! Finally got my classes figured out so I’m not stressing anymore. I also joined the gym which is necessary considering I drink every night and I gotta keep the pounds off so I can fit into my bridesmaids dress for Stephanie’s wedding…….LOL. Its weird going to the gym and seeing all the guys in short shorts too. anywho…

 This past week I’ve been planning lots of trips.  Next weekend were going to Cork which is in Ireland.  The second weekend in February about 7 of us are going to Amsterdam for a long weekend. Which I’m really excited about! 2 weekends after that were going to Belfast which is in Northern Ireland.  The first week in March I just booked a flight to Rome where we’ll spend a few days then take a train to Florence for the rest of the week. Were also planning on doing a wine tour in Tuscany! Excited to try wine from Italy and not out of the box…even though Franzia and slapping the bag will always have a place in my heart.  During that month is St. Patrick’s Day which is on a Saturday but we get off school Monday!! Yay! Sad that I’m missing State Patty’s day but there’s a good chance I won’t be in Ireland for St. Patrick’s day for a while…unless I elope with an Irish guy and never come home again…(just kidding mom). Classes end in March and the whole month of April is spring break…enough said.  The first week I’m flying into Barcelona and will be there for a couple of days then fly to Majorca, Spain which is an island 1 hour off the coast of Spain.  A girl I’m friends with here found an amazing groupon so I’m only spending 60 euro for a 12 person house on the beach! The next week my family is coming to Galway!!! So excited.  All of our family vacations are reckless so I’m excited for them to come party with the Irish for a week. Then we are doing a weekend in Paris! After that I have nothing planned yet mainly because I should probably study for exams.  By the way for those of you who are wondering how I have the money to do this considering I’m a fry cook at a driving range for 2 months a year. I took out students loans which I will have to pay back…eventually…but for now I’m having the time of my life and I’m enjoying every second of it!!!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you, not only getting it together to study abroad, but all the travel and experiences ahead... Always great to have a 'world view' when its time to go out into the working world! have fun but please be safe and dont get married before steph please!
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you and excited for all of your travels! You will be the most beautiful maid of honor ever - no matter how much irish beer you can drink this semester! I can't wait for you to continue to explore Europe - you will never ever be the same again. Good to see you have the same Huston travel bug the rest of us have. It's addicting and you will spend the rest of your life planning crazy trips. We will have to find you a good travel man ;)
    Can't wait to come visit!!
    Love,
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete